Thursday, January 6, 2011

AJ Lost His First Tooth!

Yesterday when I picked up AJ from Cami’s house after work, he came to me with a big hole in his smile and a plastic bag in his hand. He had lost his first tooth at school earlier that day! He was so excited and proud of himself, as was I.

It’s shocking how quickly this magnificent boy is growing up. I’ve always heard parents say that, but now I understand why. TIME FLIES!!!!

We also had an appointment at the dentist that day for 2 fillings. The dentist was extremely impressed with AJ’s bravery at taking the shot. He had an appointment the day before for fillings as well, so he was well aware of what was coming. He did not shed a tear or flinch at all. The dentist said he is one of the best kids he’s ever had. All this even without the TV working in his room to help distract his attention. =P

I’m so proud of AJ’s strength and independence. What a joy to see my son growing up into a strong, healthy young man.

He wasn’t too happy about losing his perfect baby teeth or having a missing tooth in his smile. To be honest, I will definitely miss that beautiful pure smile too. He is very serious about taking care of his adult teeth and is kind of stressing about the pressure. What a cutie. I guess we are both dealing with him growing up, but we are making the best of it and enjoying every moment of it that we possibly can.

The tooth fairy visited last night for both AJ and Mac. Mac had lost a tooth two days prior, but left it at school. It’s so much fun to see them have each other…. Both in the times they appreciate it and when they don’t. What a treasure it is to have someone who feels like a sibling in this world.

Okay… enough from this proud mama. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment